Mobile and Web Application Developer
GMG World Media is seeking to hire a highly motivated, self-directed Mobile and Web Application Developer to support the development, enhancement of new/old web applications for a government client.
We are currently expanding our software development team to develop, deploy, support, and modernize mission-critical applications for this client. The candidate will provide technical leadership and support during conceptualization, development, implementation and maintenance phases to transform requirements into working solutions. This includes involvement with users to define system scope and objectives, as well as contributing to design decisions.
Washington, DC. On-site
- Designing, coding and testing software modules that meet design specifications.
- Creating, executing and documenting the tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface).
- Participating in identifying configuration changes to applications so that they meet business process requirements.
- Integrating technical and application components to meet business requirements.
- Maintaining, tuning and repairing applications in order to keep them performing according to technical and functional specifications.
- Performing preventive maintenance activities; providing user support.
- Leading technical sessions with client and defining deliverables, requirements and plans.
- 2 plus year of experience in native development for iOS and Android.
- 2 plus year of experience developing front-end UI, testing, usability styles and integrating with back-end web services.
- 2 plus year of experience with design, architecture, software coding standards for native and browser based apps.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
Desired Additional Skills and/or Certifications:
- Experience in Web Applications for various form factors - mobile, tablets, desktop and others.
- Understanding of 508 accessibility requirements.
- Experience developing offline apps with on-device databases, integrating 3rd party native libraries for hardware add-ons.
- Understanding of web service architectures.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing schedule, deliverables, meeting acceptance criteria.