Web Content Manager
GMG World Media is seeking to hire a highly motivated, self-directed Web Content Manager to support the development, enhancement of new/old web applications for a government client.
We are currently expanding our software development team to develop, deploy, support, and modernize mission-critical applications for this client. The candidate will provide technical leadership and support during conceptualization, development, implementation and maintenance phases to transform requirements into working solutions. This includes involvement with users to define system scope and objectives, as well as contributing to design decisions.
Washington, DC. On-site
- Writing and editing articulate web feature stories, news blogs, social media content, or similar web content, including crafting text using clear, captivating, and conversational language.
- Evaluating and vetting content for public display online, using public relations savvy and experience.
- Determining the size, design, and arrangement of digital media on page layouts.
- Researching, interpreting, implementing, and adhering to policies and guidelines.
- Working with and making decisions for large organizations.
- Achieving results in high-pressure environments, requiring professional deliverables with a quick turn-around.
- Working in content management systems (vendor shall name the system(s) in resume) and possessing proficiency in basic HTML.
- Independently leading major cross-functional projects with several key stakeholders.
- Leveraging interpersonal, collaboration, problem-solving and verbal communications skills.
- Shall have a BA, BS, or advanced degree, or an additional 3 years’ experience, in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Computer Science, or a relevant field.
- Writing, editing articulate,web feature stories news blogs, social media content
Desired Additional Skills and/or Certifications:
- Understanding of web service architectures.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing schedule, deliverables, meeting acceptance criteria.